Day 9 of the 30 Days of Healthy Habits: Stretch
Stretching is often overlooked, but it is an important component of a well-balanced fitness regime.
Whether you stretch after your workout or enjoy the stretching that a yoga class provides, the long-term benefits of improved flexibility are numerous:
• Helps you perform daily activities with relative ease
• Improves muscle co-ordination
• Improves posture
• Reduces joint degeneration
• Reduces muscle soreness and tension
• Reduces risk of developing chronic back pain
• Reduces risk of injury
• Serves as relaxation and rejuvenation for mind and body
How to Stretch
Never bounce or use a jerking motion while stretching because this can cause injury.
Make sure you stretch both sides of the body equally.
A full body stretching routine with images can be found in my book Healthy Body for Life available here and through all online retailers like Amazon.
Healthy Habit: Take time today, and every day, to stretch.
Let's all remember to...
EAT WELL - STAY ACTIVE - LIVE HAPPY and enjoy a HEALTHY BODY FOR LIFE!