DAY 7 of the 30 DAYS OF HEALTHY HABITS:
We may not always feel like cooking. Then you know what happens, right? We default to old habits of fast food and other convenience foods that don't help us with our health goals.
I like to cook in big batches; cook once - eat twice...or more!
One easy way to do this is to make a large pot of vegetable soup, stew or stir-fry.
Eat, then store one portion in the refrigerator and the rest in the freezer. This way you will always have a healthy meal on hand. Being prepared is key to eating healthy!
Here is a vegetable stir-fry you can easily double or triple. You can easily add meat to this.
2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cups red pepper, chopped
1 cup yellow pepper, chopped
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 cup corn
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp ginger, grated
3 tbsp coconut aminos (an alternative to soy sauce)
3 tbsp vegetable broth
1 tsp cornstarch
4 tsp sesame seeds
2 cups steamed brown rice
1. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in large skillet, add broccoli and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add peppers, green beans, corn, garlic, and ginger. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes until crisp-tender.
3. In separate cup mix together coconut aminos, broth, and cornstarch. Mix well to break up clumps of cornstarch.
4. Add liquid to skillet and cook until desired tenderness is reached.
5. Serve with rice and top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Healthy Habit: Learn to cook in big batches so that you always have healthy meals on hand.
Let's all remember to...
EAT WELL - STAY ACTIVE - LIVE HAPPY and enjoy a HEALTHY BODY FOR LIFE!